The Coyote Willow Family School Lottery is open for the 2023-2024 school year. It closes on the last day of January each year.
If you are interested in being
added to a late lottery waitlist in the event of openings, please submit an application at any time. Otherwise, our lottery opens again in January of next year.
The Lottery Process at Coyote Willow Family School is a multi-step process which opens on December 21st, 2023 and closes on February 8th, 2024.
- Turn in a Coyote Willow Family School Application (link coming soon) via email or in person.
- We do not accept applications via fax. Una aplicación en español está disponible aquí - Coyote Willow Family School Application (Spanish).
- Applications for new students are accepted for those entering Kindergarten through 6th grade. No new students are admitted in 7th and 8th grades.
- You may apply for a spot on the 50% lottery, the 80% lottery, or both. Please indicate so on your application. Please include all siblings on the application that are eligible for admission.
- After submitting an application, and prior to our Lottery, you will be invited to attend an Informational Meeting. This meeting will ensure you understand the magnet program and have the best information possible for your student and family.
- We hold our Kindergarten lottery first. Those K parents will be notified in late February.
- We will hold our Lottery for incoming 1st-6th graders on an on-going basis as positions open in the upper grades, and notify parents immediately, with 72 hours required for a decision.
- For further information on the East Side school, please contact the DWFS office at (505) 888-1647.
- For further information on the West Side location, please contact office at (505) 253-0050 x21000) or email Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org.